Saturday, June 25, 2011

Makeup Artist? Who Me? Sure! Why Not!?

I love makeup, and I have always loved makeup. My mother always told me that I wore too much makeup and dyed my hair too many different colors. Even though those days are long gone, I am still just as much of an artist as I have always been. I see things in extreme detail and I am somewhat of a perfectionist. I can mix any color from the primary colors, I can mix any foundation color to match a skin perfectly, I have the innate ability to be very light-handed and build my art from the bare canvas up. I also have a very steady hand and artistic eye. I feel that I have the exact makings that a great makeup artist should have...so why not me?

Lately I have been doing most of the makeup for my own photoshoots. I feel that being able to do the makeup and then see how each and every product translates onto the images gives me a huge advantage. I will know immediately if a product works for me or does not. Not all makeup artists get to see their work un-retouched, so not many really know if the makeup that they do translates as well onto camera as it looks in person. A great advantage for being a photographer that can do makeup is that I will never be without a makeup artist and I can always be there for my photography friends if they may need an artist for a shoot as well.

I by no means want to isolate myself from working with a team but I love having my hand in all the things that bring a photoshoot together...why? because I love photography...I love art...I love creating.



I did the photography and makeup in ALL of the images below.

Click on the images to see them larger. :)






















































No comments:

Post a Comment