Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gypsy Love Fashions/Ashlynn...

I contacted a Clothing Designer, Gypsy Love Fashions, about a possible shoot together. We set this shoot up a couple times but it didn't go through because of cancellations or whatnot. We finally set a good date and booked a reliable model, Ashlynn. At the last minute the makeup artist and hair stylist cancelled. Instead of canceling the shoot I got on You Tube, yeah I know, and started researching pin-up looks.

At the shoot I did the hair and makeup to the first look which was a 50's type of pin-up dress. It took me awhile to get something that kinda resembled pin-up but I had never done hair before!! The look was very cute and Ashlynn played the role perfectly. At one point she said "I wish we had a pie" and I responded "Actually, I do". Raul had bought an "apple" pie a couple days before and it turned out to be cherry so he wouldn't eat it, so it became our prop!

Gypsy actually did the makeup and hair for the second and third look, so all in all we came together and produced something that worked for us. The shoot was really fun, Ashlynn was a doll, and Gypsy was awesome to work with!




1 comment:

  1. I love love love these photos! Great job with the make up and lighting.

    ReplyDelete